DVD/BR writers won't recognize certain DVDs

MR ZenWiz mrzenwiz at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 20:09:16 UTC 2016

On Fri, Mar 25, 2016 at 10:52 PM, Dick Dowdell <dick.dowdell at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is it possible that these DVDs are using a CODEC for Asia or Europe?
>
> Dick Dowdell
> Phone: 508-528-4018  Mobile: 508-498-7919

Doubtful.

I was able to read and play both discs in my personal laptop.

Oddly, I used K3B to rip both of them, successfully.  VLC will play
one of the images just fine, although the subtitles don't seem to
work.

The other image loads and the menus are visible, but playback pops out
to VLC's intro screen - what you see when it starts up with nothing to
do.  Just for kicks, I burned that image onto a DL DVD, and that DVD
does the same thing as the image - can't play it.

I'll see about getting an exchange on that one - maybe some of them
aren't so fiercely encrypted.  I'll find the movie itself online.

Still open to other suggestions....

Thanks.
MR