[25 Mar 2016] I am extremely frustrated with Thunderbird email client!!!

Teo En Ming teo.en.ming.3 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 14:47:10 UTC 2016

Dear Ubuntu users,

I am running Thunderbird email client version 38.7.0 in Lubuntu 15.10
Linux virtual machine.

I am extremely frustrated with Thunderbird email client!!!

I have carried out the usual suggestions of deleting the files
folderTree.json and session.json, according to the Mozilla Thunderbird
knowledgebase. I have also deleted prefs.js and copied over a known
working backup copy of prefs.js. But nothing works.

Out of 30 times I started Thunderbird, the folder pane only shows up 1
time. The folder pane is missing for the other 29 times. This is very
very frustrating. This shows that Thunderbird is not a very good email
client.

Please propose a good replacement email client for Thunderbird, and
how I should export all my email accounts and all my email messages
effectively to the new email client.

I am pondering over migrating to Microsoft Outlook, but all the mbox
to pst conversion programs only work on Microsoft Windows. My
Thunderbird email client is running in a Lubuntu 15.10 Linux virtual
machine. If I would like to migrate to MS Outlook, how can I export
all my email accounts and all my email messages from Thunderbird to
Microsoft Outlook? Please recommend a mbox to pst conversion program
that will execute on Linux.

Thank you very much for your kind advise.

Yours sincerely,

Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming)
Singapore Citizen
TARGETED INDIVIDUAL (TI)