Splitting large zip archives

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Thu Mar 17 05:51:39 UTC 2016

R Kimber wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Mar 2016 21:31:51 +0100
> Nils Kassube wrote:
> > How about using ntfs?
>
> I used the term 'non-linux' because I want a standard system that is
> common to all devices, including those that can play music directly
> from the USB stick.  ntfs would be fine for windows and linux, but
> maybe not for these other devices.

Good point - I hadn't thought about that. OTOH you could make two
partitions. One for your backup of the zip files, just the size big
enough for these files using the appropriate file system. And a second
partition for general use with you gadgets - formatted with FAT.

Granted, this is not a solution to your original question, but there
seems to be no solution of that type anyway.

Nils