Laptop with suspend WORKING

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Mon Mar 14 10:44:27 UTC 2016

On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 09:40:01AM +1100, Karl Auer wrote:
> On Sun, 2016-03-13 at 20:59 +0000, Chris Green wrote:
> > On Sun, Mar 13, 2016 at 05:53:43PM +0100, Roberto Catanuto wrote:
> > > laptops: suspend and resume from ram.
> >
> > My Lenovo ThinkPad T430 boots so fast from cold that suspend etc.
> > seem completely pointless.
>
> The point of suspend/resume is that you can leave all your work open. I
> work with the same fifteen or so things all the time; it's great to
> just close the lid, go somewhere else and there is everything I need,
> just where I left it. The boot-to-ready time is insignificant compared
> to the start-everything-I need time.

OK, different way of working I guess.  Even if I'm half-way through
writing some code or such I tend to shut down so that everything is
saved.

If I want to come back to something I'm doing I just leave it turned
on, the screen blanks completely quite quickly (as in turns off, not a
screen-saver) so power consumption is reduced.

--
Chris Green