network goes down unexpectedly.

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 10:01:57 UTC 2016

On 9 March 2016 at 09:36, 李白|字一日 <calidion at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi, all
>
> I am using Ubuntu 14.04.
> Recently my network seems encountered some troubles working properly.
>
> it can easily go down and never get back whenever you enable or disable it
> again through the network manager.
>
> I don't know if it is a ubuntu issue.
>
> and is there a fix for this?

I am sure there will be a fix.

Firstly are you using a wired connection or wifi?
When it goes down what is the network icon in the top bar showing (it
should show two arrows or a fan with bars in it when it is connected).
When the network is working open a terminal and type
ifconfig
and hit enter.  Copy/paste the output here.  In case you don't know,
use Ctrl+Shift+C to copy from the terminal.
Then when it is down repeat the command and again copy/paste it here.

Colin