Upgrading from 14.04 to 15.10

Ben Edwards list4me2 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 16:16:00 UTC 2016

On 29 June 2016 at 15:44, Oliver Grawert <ogra at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> hi,
> Am Mittwoch, den 29.06.2016, 14:46 +0100 schrieb Ben Edwards:
> > OK, so want to upgrade my ownCloud server from 14.04 to 15.10 as I am
> > having problems with dependencies as I am running oC 9.  Given this a
> > lot of thought and this is the way I want to go.
>
> given that 15.10 will be EOL soon and given that owncloud from distro
> packages has massive security issues (held back upgrades etc), did you
> consider using 16.04 and a snap package instead ?
>
> the nextcloud people work closely with the snappy team and will make
> sure that new versions and security fixes are made available
> immediately along with new upstream releases.
>
> there is a series about the nextcloud snap (how it was created, but
> also how to migrate data etc) at:
>
> https://kyrofa.com/posts/installing-nextcloud-can-be-a-snap

Now this is very cool.   I have 14.04 installed currently with oC 9.0.2,
 Not against nuking the oC installation and starting again or does this
migrate?  Is the best bet to upgrade Ubuntu to 16.04 and snapping to
nextcloud?

> ciao
>         oli

*Ben Edwards, Video Editor and Cameraman*
*web*:*www.nkytwig.com* <http://funkytwig.com/>* mobile:**07773 02 44 82*
*skype**:**funkytwig** twitter:**@funkytwig*
<https://twitter.com/funkytwig>iContact Community Video
<http://www.icontactvideo.org/> | Bristol Community Channel