Upgrading from 14.04 to 15.10

Paul Smith paul at mad-scientist.net
Wed Jun 29 13:58:59 UTC 2016

On Wed, 2016-06-29 at 14:46 +0100, Ben Edwards wrote:
> OK, so want to upgrade my ownCloud server from 14.04 to 15.10 as I am
> having problems with dependencies as I am running oC 9.  Given this a
> lot of thought and this is the way I want to go.

If you really want to do this then yes, you'll have to either reinstall
from scratch or upgrade through each bi-annual release until you get to
15.10.

However: 15.10 will stop being supported next month, and 16.04 LTS was
just released a couple of months ago and will be supported for 5 years,
and there's a direct upgrade path from 14.04 to 16.04 without
intervening steps.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Releases

It's hard for me to imagine any reasonable justification for using
15.10 at this point... but it's your system! :)