Messed up system a bit

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Tue Jun 28 20:08:02 UTC 2016

Steven Truppe wrote:
> my sources.list files looks like:
>
> ###### Ubuntu Main Repos
> deb http://at.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ xenial main restricted
> universe multiverse
> deb-src http://at.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ xenial main restricted
> universe multiverse
>
> ###### Backports
> deb http://at.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ xenial-backports restricted
> multiverse main universe

Is that the entire sources.list including files in ".../sources.list.d"?
Then you should add the xenial-updates repo.

> My problem is that i'm not able to install gimp:
>   gimp : Depends on: libgimp2.0 (>= 2.9.4~1-0x0~ppa~245bbbc) but
> should not be installed
>              Depends on: libgimp2.0 (<= 2.9.4~1-z) but should not be
> installed
>              Depends on: libgegl-0.3-0 (>= 1:0.3.6.20) but should not
> be installed

Somehow gimp seems to come from a ppa - is that on purpose? Otherwise
you should uninstall the packages related to gimp you have installed
coming from a ppa and then install the gimp packages from the standard
repos. Or if you want to use the ppa, there may be packages missing in
the ppa.

Nils