Audacity fails when saving edited mp3 as mp3

Tom Rausner tom at rausner.dk
Tue Jun 28 14:21:08 UTC 2016

Hi All.

I've just ended the editing of a sound recording made at a wedding.
when I wanted to save the editing to a mp3-file I got following message:

../src/common/wincmn.cpp(478): assert "GetEventHandler() == this" failed
in ~wxWindowBase(): any pushed event handlers must have been
removed

Ernestly I don't understand the message so...

I ended up by erasing Audacity and purging. Then I installed it again
and got the same message once more.

The original recording was a mp3, 48000 Hz.

Is it likely to be a problem in Audacity or is it more likely the file
causing problems ?

Anybody understanding the message ?

Tom