ubuntu 16.04 vnc doesn work

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 12:53:38 UTC 2016

On 24 June 2016 at 12:57, J.L. Blom <joep at neuroweave.nl> wrote:
> And no, I have another problem which you can see in the attached picture.
> The screen is blank with a cursor but no desktop is displayed and nothing
> can be done.

[1] You can't send attachments to the list; they will be automatically
removed, as I understand it.

[2] I have seen the phenomenon you describe. I got it when you connect
via VNC to a machine running a desktop with 3D compositing enabled.
(Note, some desktops *always* use compositing -- e.g. Unity, GNOME 3,
Cinnamon.)

If you are running a desktop where it is optional (e.g. KDE, Maté,
Xfce) then disable compositing.