make a time lapse movie using gpu and 14.04?

Dave Stevens geek at uniserve.com
Tue Jun 21 01:06:58 UTC 2016

I expect to have a lot of still frames and would like to make a movie
from a specified sequence reasonably quickly. I'm currently using
ffmpeg which works fine and is flexible but fairly slow. Does anyone
know of a method that could use the GPU to speed up the process? 14.04.
I haven't yet set up the final system so I could get any card in
principle if there's one that's preferred.

Dave

--
I want to die peacefully, smiling in my sleep, like my Grampa, not
screaming in terror like his passengers!