Problem upgrading from 15.10 to 16.04

Bob ubuntu-qygzanxc at listemail.net
Mon Jun 20 06:19:23 UTC 2016

** Reply to message from Nils Kassube <kassube at gmx.net> on Mon, 20 Jun 2016
07:13:40 +0200

> Bob wrote:
> > Upgrading from 15.10 to 16.04 there was an error, if there was a
> > message I did not see it because I let the upgrade run overnight .
> > The first boot after the upgrade I got the message:
> >
> > Sorry the application gacutil.exe has stopped unexpectedly
> >
> > Searching it appears to be a windows program!
>
> Not exactly - it is part of mono, which is an open source implementation
> of Microsofts .NET framework.
>
> > Now at every boot I get
> > a popup to report a problem but no indication what the error is.
> >
> > What commands do I need to do to try a get the package database
> > checked and to get whatever failed the first time redone?
>
> Try these commands in a terminal:
>
> sudo dpkg --configure -a
> sudo apt-get install -f

bob1 at Jupiter:~$ sudo dpkg --configure -a
[sudo] password for bob1:
bob1 at Jupiter:~$ sudo apt-get install -f
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
  libcdaudio1 libslv2-9
Use 'sudo apt autoremove' to remove them.
bob1 at Jupiter:~$

--
Robert Blair

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.  -- Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)