Opera & cookies

Jim Byrnes jf_byrnes at comcast.net
Sun Jun 19 18:29:18 UTC 2016

On 06/18/2016 08:56 PM, Jared Norris wrote:
> On 19 June 2016 at 05:52, Jim Byrnes <jf_byrnes at comcast.net> wrote:

>>> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/cookie-monster/
>>>

>>> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/cookie-whitelist-with-buttons/
>>>
>>> Etc.
>>>
>>> None any help?
>>>

>> Liam,
>>
>> I've looked at Cookie Monster in the past and rejected it.  I don't
>> remember exactly why, but will take another look at it. I don't remember
>> ever evaluating cookie-whitelist-with-buttons before, so I'll take a look
>> at it.
>>
>> I'm not the only one that misses that function. There was quite a bit of
>> discussion on the Mozilla list when people realized it was gone. I keep
>> hoping that someone will write an extension to simply replace that
>> functionality.
>>
>> Thanks,  Jim
>>

>> --
>>

> I haven't used Firefox in years so not exactly sure the functionality
> you're looking for. But what I do for Chrome is set it to block all
> cookies. When I go to a page with them there is a little cookie icon with a
> red cross through it in the address bar. I can click that to manage the
> cookies for that site quite easily and with great accuracy (allow some but
> not others, clear on exit, always allow, etc.).
>
> When you first switch that on it's annoying because you're constantly
> adding sites to "clear on exit" for sites you regularly use and trust. But
> after a week or two I haven't had to adjust much anymore and find it
> helpful.

Jared,

Thanks for the tip, I didn't know that about Chrome, but then I don't
know much about Chrome period.  It seems to act just like Firefox except
Firefox pops up a dialog instead of the icon, a small adjustment for me
to make.  Looks like Chrome will become my default browser.

> The only downside of this is they don't appear to have anything useful like
> this for their mobile version on Android.

Mobile is not a consideration for me.

> Regards,
>
> Jared

Regards,  Jim