Opera & cookies

Jared Norris jrnorris at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 01:56:33 UTC 2016

On 19 June 2016 at 05:52, Jim Byrnes <jf_byrnes at comcast.net> wrote:

> On 06/18/2016 06:55 AM, Liam Proven wrote:
>
>> On 18 June 2016 at 04:20, Jim Byrnes <jf_byrnes at comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Ever since Firefox dropped the ability to ask if you wanted to accept or
>>> reject cookies I have been looking for a replacement.
>>>

>> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/cookie-monster/
>>

>> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/cookie-whitelist-with-buttons/
>>
>> Etc.
>>
>> None any help?
>>

> Liam,
>
> I've looked at Cookie Monster in the past and rejected it.  I don't
> remember exactly why, but will take another look at it. I don't remember
> ever evaluating cookie-whitelist-with-buttons before, so I'll take a look
> at it.
>
> I'm not the only one that misses that function. There was quite a bit of
> discussion on the Mozilla list when people realized it was gone. I keep
> hoping that someone will write an extension to simply replace that
> functionality.
>
> Thanks,  Jim

I haven't used Firefox in years so not exactly sure the functionality
you're looking for. But what I do for Chrome is set it to block all
cookies. When I go to a page with them there is a little cookie icon with a
red cross through it in the address bar. I can click that to manage the
cookies for that site quite easily and with great accuracy (allow some but
not others, clear on exit, always allow, etc.).

When you first switch that on it's annoying because you're constantly
adding sites to "clear on exit" for sites you regularly use and trust. But
after a week or two I haven't had to adjust much anymore and find it
helpful.

The only downside of this is they don't appear to have anything useful like
this for their mobile version on Android.

Regards,

Jared