Opera & cookies

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Sat Jun 18 02:40:44 UTC 2016

On Fri, 17 Jun 2016 21:20:57 -0500, Jim Byrnes wrote:
>Pale Moon has that ability but on many pages it is really slow
>scrolling pages.

For my Ubuntu install I'm using 2 browsers only.

QupZilla from the official repositories and IceCat from the IceCat home.

On Arch I'm testing several browsers, among them are Firefox, IceCat,
PaleMoon and QupZilla.

The "true" Mozilla family, IOW Firfox, IceCat and PaleMoon are not only
slow, they could slow down the complete environment, too. QupZilla is
similar to the Mozilla family, but based on WebKit, hence it never is
slow. QupZilla > Edit > Preferences > Privacy > Cookie Manager >
Settings > [ ] Allow storing of cookies, should do what you want and in
addition no website ever will slow down performance of the browser
or the whole user session.

>Opera

I'm too lazy to take a look at the current version of Opera, even while
I have it installed for the Linux I'm currently running. Opera was an
amazing browser in the past, but became a PITA. The successor of Opera
is called Vivaldi.

Vivaldi > Tools >  Settings... > Privacy > Cookies > Accept Cookies >
[x] Never, should do what you want.

I'm not really using Vivaldi, so I can't say if it's good or not.

Regards,
Ralf