Is it possible to create a file allowing to listen to a web radio station via VLC or Clementine?

Bas G. Roufs basroufs at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 20:18:05 UTC 2016

Hello Mike & Everybody.

Until recently, I used to listen to some of the Vatican Radio stations by
means of VLC or Clementine at my system - at present Kubuntu Linux 14.04.

The stations I aim at, are still listed here:

http://www.listenlive.eu/vatican.html

When going to this page, I simply downloaded by example the attached .m3u file:
from one of the stations I wanted to listen to my laptop. Then, I opened the
file via one of those audio players mentioned above. I still did so
successfully just a few weeks ago.

However, ever some days, this method does not work any more. From the error
reports below, I get the impression that there is nothing wrong with this m3u
file. However the page that used to be opened by it apparently does not exist
any more - in one of the reports below, you can see a 404 - error. Because of
the same reason, it's not possible any more to download such a .m3u file from
listenlive.eu.

Now, I listen to the same radio stations for the time being via Firefox, via
this page:
http://en.radiovaticana.va/epg-web#!/?cid=167#1

My question now: is there a way to create a file allowing me to listen to one
of those web radio stations via VLC or Clementine?

If you have any thoughts or ideas, please share it here.

Thanks.

Yours.

Bas G. Roufs.

ERROR REPORT CLEMENTINE