How does one set Simple Scan to scan at 11" from a Brother DCP7065DN's page feeder?

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 04:50:11 UTC 2016

On Fri, Jun 10, 2016 at 8:23 PM, Rick Berger <rckbrgr at gmail.com> wrote:

> Haven't made much progress, did check your suggestions, nothing seemed
> unreasonable.
>
> I've also realized there are other applications like Nautilus and Evince
> that don't show their menu bar.
>
> I did try booting into a 32bit 13.04 version I forgot I installed a couple
> of years ago as the second system in the dual boot of this system, it shows
> the menu bar alright. The menus appear at top of the screen when moused
> over. This at least suggests it's not the monitor. 13.04 didn't seem to
> have an option to switch them to the application's window.
>
> Oh, I did try a Guest Session and there was no different.
>
> I'm temped to install 16.04 over top of the 13.04 system, just to see what
> that gives me.

A few Google searches indicate a similar-sounding bug reported against
Xenial (16.04), and a fix was recently released to the bamf package.

You might try some of the workarounds listed here, though I can't confirm
that the bug existed in Trusty (Ubuntu 14.04). I haven't seen it (yet) on
any of my Trusty systems however.

http://askubuntu.com/questions/762137/applications-menu-missing-from-menu-bar

SO this is grasping at straws. Unless you somehow installed some strange
updates to your Trusty system (did you install something from a
non-standard archive?) I am not sure what else to recommend.

OH and you might try booting with either Trusty or Xenial from a live image
(USB stick or DVD) and see if you see the same behavior. Good luck!