How does one set Simple Scan to scan at 11" from a Brother DCP7065DN's page feeder?

Rick Berger rckbrgr at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 01:23:06 UTC 2016

Haven't made much progress, did check your suggestions, nothing seemed
unreasonable.

I've also realized there are other applications like Nautilus and Evince
that don't show their menu bar.

I did try booting into a 32bit 13.04 version I forgot I installed a
couple of years ago as the second system in the dual boot of this
system, it shows the menu bar alright. The menus appear at top of the
screen when moused over. This at least suggests it's not the monitor.
13.04 didn't seem to have an option to switch them to the application's
window.

Oh, I did try a Guest Session and there was no different.

I'm temped to install 16.04 over top of the 13.04 system, just to see
what that gives me.