Need help on getting the cannon pixama mg2922

Doug dmcgarrett at optonline.net
Thu Jun 9 00:07:09 UTC 2016

On 06/08/2016 05:40 PM, Larry wrote:

> On 06/08/2016 05:30 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:

>>> Thanks for the reply I have sane it works, but not my printer, so what
>>> I've read on the web I also need a driver for  the printer side...So
>>> that is where I am at this point...
>>>
>>> Again thanks Larry
>> Takes its exact model number, and your OS to the gimp list to see if
>> they
>> might know, or to the cups list to see if the are any free drivers
>> around.  The gutenprint list also comes to mind.  Quite knowledgable
>> folks there.
>>
>> Cheers, Gene Heskett
> Hi Gene, well here is what I've done, when I plug the USB cable into
> the PC, it says new printer found yet NO DRIVERS found for MG2900
> series...
>
> I have tried CUP'S yet It's not listed, I tried aquireimages it also
> tells me could not find any device...
>
> So I then tried PRINTERS, add a new printer again the driver was not
> listed...
> Right now I'am at a lost as what to do next...
>
> Thanks for  the help...
>
> Larry

Just went to the Cannon website, looked for Linux downloads--it found
that I have a 64-bit Linux system, and produced this result: (input  by
me, since mark and copy didn't work)

Operating System                  (Linux 64 bit)
Language                               (English)

     Recommended Downloads
     Drivers
     Software
     Firmware
     Utilities

*There is no recommended download for the OS version you selected.*

I think you ought to take the printer back and buy some other brand. HP
and Epson printers are well supported. I don't have any stock in either
brand, but I do use both.

--doug