Is oVirt a good option

Martinx - ジェームズ thiagocmartinsc at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 21:21:25 UTC 2016

On 7 June 2016 at 09:55, Ben Edwards <list4me2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Setting up a KVM host.  not runing many VMs, just one to start with but
> wondering if putting a oVirt web admin on it is worth bothering with.  Is
> it easy to set up on Ubuntu and does it work well.  It seems to be well
> liked on Redhat so I guess the functionality and usability is good.
>
> Ben
>
> --
> *Ben Edwards, Video Editor and Cameraman*
> *web*:*www.nkytwig.com* <http://funkytwig.com/>* mobile:**07773 02 44 82*
> *skype**:**funkytwig** twitter:**@funkytwig*
> <https://twitter.com/funkytwig>iContact Community Video
> <http://www.icontactvideo.org/> | Bristol Community Channel
> <http://bristol.mirocommunity.org/>

I'm using Ubuntu MATE on servers that have a bad video board, plus
"virt-manager" to manage my KVM Guests.   ;-)

I can also, use virt-manager from my Ubuntu Desktop too, for servers that
doesn't have UI...

I would prefer OpenStack instead of oVirt, specially because there is no
oVirt for Ubuntu, while OpenStack have native support.

Cheers!
Thiago