VM on KVM/Ubuntu install - GPU Problems

Petter Adsen petter at synth.no
Wed Jun 8 06:45:53 UTC 2016

On Tue, 7 Jun 2016 21:40:17 -0300
Carlos Gustavo Ramirez Rodriguez <carlosgrr at gmail.com> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I have installed KVM and I am trying to passthrough a GPU.

My condolences. There be dragons.

> During the installation of the VM Ubuntu the Plymouth logo shows
> correctly but all the other stages appear garbled, which indicates
> that the GPU is correctly passed.

Perhaps you meant "incorrectly".

> Can anyone indicate a solution or perhaps a document I should read to
> fix the issue?

Well, first off there's the VT-d thingy, make sure that is OK:

http://www.linux-kvm.org/page/How_to_assign_devices_with_VT-d_in_KVM

There's quite a bit of information here:

http://vfio.blogspot.no/

If these don't help you, please give us more information on what you
have done and things you may have tried. Logs etc are always helpful.

Petter

--
"I'm ionized"
"Are you sure?"