KVM

Ben Edwards list4me2 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 17:44:10 UTC 2016

On 6 June 2016 at 18:28, compdoc <compdoc at hotrodpc.com> wrote:

> I normally create an VM with enough storage for the OS running in the VM,
> and then add additional storage for it to use. The added storage can be a
> whole hard drive, or just a 'virtual disk' which is a file on a drive
> somewhere.

OK, so this is what I was thinking of doing.

> There's lots of ways to do it, and the best way to do it should be
> determined by you through trial and error.

OK, I guess my question is what ones should I try.  I have started reading
http://www.linux-kvm.org/page/9p_virtio which seems a good one to try.  It
mentions QEMU which I have come across, but cant quite work out what it is.

> I like using virtual disk files because they're a little bit easier to
> copy to other places to back them up.

Exactly why I want to to do  it.

Ben