Advice on backup method

Ben Edwards list4me2 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 17:27:09 UTC 2016

I recently wrote some backup scripts that do incremental backups (as
frequently as every 10 mins).  More details are at
http://www.funkytwig.com/blog/funkybackup.

Ben

On 4 June 2016 at 12:57, <jlwallen at monkeypantz.net> wrote:

>> ****************
>>
>>  Hello all
>>
>> Thanks for your generous suggestions. I have done a successful backup
>> following Nils' advice to format the flash drive.
>>
>> I admire greatly the advanced command level skill that most replies
>> showed. That said, I am a retired GUI level user and expect to stay
>> one.  I believe Ubuntu aims to meet my needs without much study of its
>> innards.  So I hope you agree that my approach also contributes to the
>> wider usability of Ubuntu.
>>
>> Maybe you could suggest a way for me to share my specific experiences
>> at GUI user level?
>>
>> Thanks again for your helpfulness.
>>
>>  --
>> irons.charles at gmail.com
>> Home   +2711 782 8623
>>

> Charles,
>
> I didn't follow this thread completely, but I wonder if you've given Lucky
> Backup a try. It's a GUI backup solution that's both flexible and powerful.
> I've been using it for a long time with great success. It can be found in
> the standard repositories. I'd highly recommend it, if you're looking for a
> GUI solution. Of course, I may have missed something in the thread that
> would render that tool unusable in your situation (if so, forgive my
> ignorance).
>
> Jack

*Ben Edwards, Video Editor and Cameraman*
*web*:*www.nkytwig.com* <http://funkytwig.com/>* mobile:**07773 02 44 82*
*skype**:**funkytwig** twitter:**@funkytwig*
<https://twitter.com/funkytwig>iContact Community Video
<http://www.icontactvideo.org/> | Bristol Community Channel