How to delete a printer definition

Brian ad44 at cityscape.co.uk
Mon Jun 6 12:06:05 UTC 2016

On Sun 05 Jun 2016 at 21:59:53 -0700, Bob wrote:

> I will edit the printers,conf file.  I will not be able to do this for a few
> days but will post the results.

An unnecessary procedure. Do

  sudo lpadmin <print_queue>

Not that will do you much good because it will reappear again when
cups-browsed is restarted at a reboot.

The queue you are interacting with is a *raw* queue set up by
cups-browsed with information supplied by avahi-daemon. You could
stop cups-browsed but that will impact other queues. You could also
have the server not share that particular queue, which might be a
better approach. From cups-browsed 1.3.0 queues can be filtered not
to be displayed.

Nils - you accessed the remote queue directly on the server, not
the raw queue on the client. Look at the URLs given in the
Printers tab on both machines. The client URL begins 'ipps://'. No
wonder Firefox was flummoxed!