Ping error

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Wed Jun 1 12:42:31 UTC 2016

On Wed, 2016-06-01 at 11:43 +0100, Colin Law wrote:
> On 1 June 2016 at 09:53, AMER <amer7777 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> > I apologize, if you received multiple copies of this email, this was
> > due to the expiration of my membership in the mailing list.
>
> I didn't think membership of the list ever expired.  It should run
> until you remove yourself.

I never heard of a mailman mailing list were membership expires, but
some issues might give such an impression.

Regarding missed received mails the OP needs to log in the mailing list
account and check if there's a bounce score and/or mail delivery is
disabled.

Due to a too high bounce score the mailing list automatically could
disable sending mails to a subscriber. Before this happens, the mailing
list should automatically inform the subscriber by an email, but it
could happen that such a mail also gets bounced.
It even might be possible that a list automatically unsubscribes a
subscriber regarding a too high bounce score.
The provider might have tricky spam filters.
A moderation bit perhaps was set for a subscriber and the mail that
informs the subscriber was bounced, the latter seemingly isn't the case
for the OP.

Some mail address providers dislike mailing lists and could be the cause
of all kinds of issues. The most common and most harmless issue is, that
a subscriber doesn't receive her/his own mails that came through the
list, since the provider considers this to be duplicates of the mail the
subscriber sent.

Regarding not being able to send to the mailing list, the user should
receive postmaster messages, that inform about e.g. a (temporarily)
blackhole listed server or delays.

The first step always is trying to log in the mailing list account and
care about a bounce score and disabled settings.

Assumed there should be an ongoing issue there might be the need to
contact the list owner and/or the provider's support channel.