Moving towards NetworkManager

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 13:06:21 UTC 2016

On 30 July 2016 at 12:44, Tom H <tomh0665 at gmail.com> wrote:
> The FHS didn't change! Arch and Fedora decided to turn "/bin" "/lib"
> "/sbin" into symlinks (I'm not an Arch user but, IIRC, it turned
> "/usr/sbin" into a symlink too).

A good idea IMHO.

It is not 1976 any more. You don't need to rescue a system by bringing
it up in single-user mode and painstakingly troubleshooting. You boot
off a USB key into a full OS, and use it to do the recover. Result,
the OS can live in a single partition, a big one as space is now
cheap, and a lot of complexity can be eliminated.