Upfrading from Ubuntu 14.03 to Ubuntu 16.0

Peter petergoggin at bigpond.com
Sat Jul 30 02:13:11 UTC 2016

A secondary question. I  use virtual machines to run windows so that I
can use certain programs,such as genealogy, which have no real Linux
equivalent.   How can I transfer a virtual machine image to a new
installation. While I have stored all of my data etc, outside the
virtual machine in my home directory, it would be nice not to have to
recreate the machines and reinstall the windows software and programs.

As anyone else had any problems in going from Ubuntu 12 to Ubuntu 14?

Regards

Peter Goggin