Moving towards NetworkManager

Tom H tomh0665 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 10:52:05 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 6:04 AM, Josef Wolf <jw at raven.inka.de> wrote:

> I've just seen, netcfg-udeb seems to have a module for network-manager, but I
> can't see any references to that in
> https://help.ubuntu.com/lts/installation-guide/amd64/apbs04.html
>
> In addition, The network-manager package is not contained on the
> server/alternate CD.
>
> Any ideas, to install/configure NM using netcfg's preseed?

There's no NM udeb but the netcfg udeb has an "nm-conf" executable
that can set up the NM config, I assume via this preseed setting:

Template: netcfg/target_network_config
Type: select
Choices-C: nm_config, ifupdown, loopback
Choices: Network Manager, ifupdown (/etc/network/interfaces), No
network configuration
 Specifies what kind of network connection management tool should be
 configured post-installation if multiple are available. Automatic
 selection is used in this order when not specified: network-manager if
 available (on Linux only), ethernet configuration through ifupdown on wired
 installation and loopback configuration through ifupdown on wireless
 installations.