debmirror broken under Trusty?

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Wed Jul 27 14:09:24 UTC 2016

OK, it appears debmirror has (at least) a documentation bug.

These options don't work correctly:

@di_dists="dists";
@di_archs="archs";

They need to be specified as:

@di_dists="trusty";
@di_archs="i386,amd64";

But even then it fails to get many of the needed installer files.

*WHAT IS THE MAGIC INCANTATION TO GET *ALL* OF THE NEEDED INSTALLER FILES?*

I am trying to install Ubuntu 14.04 on a VM on a CentOS 6 host that does NOT
have good access to the public Internet (it only has dialup).  I am using
another system (which does have good access to the public Internet) to create
a *complete* mirror of the Ubuntu 14.04 distribution, but debmirror is not
getting *ALL* of the files needed.  The debmirror documentation is (obviously)
lacking.  Can anyone help me?  At this point I have *manually* download *some*
of the files and if needed, I will create a hack script to download the rest,
but I want an automated way to download updates and keep the copy of the
mirror up-to-date.

I know, no one uses dial-up anymore, but here in Western Mass, USA, dial-up is
still the main form of Internet access (yes, really, believe it or not).

--
Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933