how to replay a snapshot (btrfs) ?

Rashkae ubuntu at tigershaunt.com
Tue Jul 26 19:16:07 UTC 2016

On 16-07-26 02:19 PM, Lentes, Bernd wrote:
> IIRC correctly default was ID 257 so i set default to 257 and rebooted
> without any problem.

No, 257 was a subvolume, (once upon a time named @)  Your *Default*
subvolume, the subvolume as the root of your device, should be 5

> mv /mnt/root/ /mnt/root/old

I don't even... you were supposed to rename subvolume @  not try to move
a mount point into a subdirectory of itself

I don't know what this command did to the underlying file system.

> No. Ran into busybox.
>
> Rebooted again with a live cd.
>
> mount /dev/vg1/lv_root /mnt/root
>
> root at ubuntu:~# ll /mnt/root/
> insgesamt 0
> drwxr-xr-x 1 root root   8 Jul 26 17:35 ./
> drwxr-xr-x 1 root root  60 Jul 26 17:57 ../
> drwxr-xr-x 1 root root 244 Jul 19 20:19 @/
> drwxr-xr-x 1 root root 322 Jul 26 11:53 old/

You'll notice that @home is missing from this list.  We aren't looking
at the same top level directory anymore.  Possibly an effect of having
some weird default subvolume now.

I'm not at all sure what's the best way for you to untangle this knot
from here.

Good luck.