16.04: Graphical login/desktop vanished? #Back to the OP's original topic

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Mon Jul 25 22:18:27 UTC 2016

Regarding the original topic and the lightdm related issue:

Josef, what is the output of

  dpkg -l lightdm

?

OT:

On Tue, 2016-07-26 at 00:01 +0200, Oliver Grawert wrote:
> On Mo, 2016-07-25 at 23:49 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> > There's nothing strange with it. I guess you misunderstood what was
> > changed by "sed". Just Ubuntu's rtirq is freakish, even not the
> > upstream
>
> this isnt ubuntus rtirq ... it is debians, it just happened to come
> into ubuntu via the auto-syncs but is neither maintained in ubuntu nor
> has it been patched ...

Oli, it's provided by Ubuntu's official repositories, so it doesn't
matter who maintains it. There's not explicit hint for the averaged
Ubuntu user, who stays with official repositories, that this and perhaps
other packages aren't maintained that good as "real" Ubuntu packages.

But we should stop this OT talk and try to help the OP solving the
lightdm issue.

Regards,
Ralf