Terminal taking up 1/3 screen

Petter Adsen petter at synth.no
Sun Jul 24 14:56:55 UTC 2016

On Sat, 23 Jul 2016 23:37:53 -0400
Scott Blair <scott.blair at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm using Ubuntu 16.04. I was , as usual, fat-fingering the keyboard,
> and now on monitor 1 I have a terminal open that takes up the top
> third of my screen. I tried exit and doesn't go away. Any ideas?

I have no idea what particular terminal you are using, but I do know
some terminals have a "Quake console" mode, where they drop down from
the top of the screen. Maybe you have activated such an option by
mistake?

If all else fails, I would grep through the process list and look for a
PID for that terminal. Kill that rather than bash, as bash might be
running for other reasons (parsing scripts, or remote logins).

Petter

--
"Chaos, panic and disorder. My work here is done." --Anne Onymous