16.04 beep options for Slow Keys in the Universal Access of System Settings

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Sat Jul 23 20:34:53 UTC 2016

hi,
Am Samstag, den 23.07.2016, 14:04 -0400 schrieb Rick:
> Hi,
>
> I'm just setting up a new ASUS VivoPC with 16.04 and I need the beep
> options for key pressed/accepted/rejected under Slow Keys in
> Universal
> Access of the System Settings. Presently this system is setup to use
> HDMI audio out and doesn't seem to produce any audio beep to give
> user
> feedback for any of these key press characteristics. Has anyone had
> any
> experience with them and know where the source code for Universal
> Access
> settings is?

the source should be linked at https://wiki.gnome.org/Accessibility

you might need to turn on input feedback sounds in gsettings ...

install the dconf-editor package, go to org/gnome/desktop/sound
and toggle input-feedback-sounds

(no idea if that helps with this particular issue, but given the whole
default a11y framework is gnome3, it might)

ciao
	oli