Chrome tabs text size

Jim Byrnes jf_byrnes at comcast.net
Sat Jul 23 16:12:44 UTC 2016

On 07/23/2016 10:28 AM, Colin Law wrote:
> On 23 July 2016 at 16:05, Jim Byrnes <jf_byrnes at comcast.net> wrote:

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I neither have 14.04 installed, nor Chrome or Chromium for my 16.04
>>> install, so I can't say anything about this issue. However, since
>>> Chrome must be from a third party repository, I've taken a look at
>>> http://packages.ubuntu.com/ and for Trusty, but even for Yaketty
>>> Chromium still is version 51.0.2704.79. Taking a look at
>>> https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/chromium-browser, even unstable doesn't
>>> provide an upgrade yet. A wild guess, one reason for this issue could
>>> be related to the dependency chain.
>>

>> Looking in Synaptic I see google-chrome-stable  52.0.2743.82-1 comes from
>> Local/main(dl.google.com). It was released 07/20/2016.
>
> Precisely, that is a google repository (dl.google.com), not an Ubuntu
> one.  You may be able to get help here but possibly a Chrome or Google
> list/forum would be better
>
> Colin

Colin,

Just started trying to figure this out.  Thought I would check here to
see if anyone else is having this problem, before I put much effort into
it.  As I mentioned above hits from googling mostly were Windows users
complaining about the font being to small.

This is not a big deal, but whenever I see changes that I don't think
were caused by something I did, I get curious.  I have a laptop I have
not used in awhile that has 14.04 on it but not sure about chrome. If
chrome is on it I'll check the tab font size before updates and then
after to see if it changes.

Thanks, Jim