Customize alternate install CD with UEFI?

Josef Wolf jw at raven.inka.de
Fri Jul 22 17:14:43 UTC 2016

On Fri, Jul 22, 2016 at 04:43:57PM +0200, Liam Proven wrote:
> > I'm pretty fine with distro's config files. It's just that I want to keep
> > them separate from  my own files. That's why I maintain my own /data partition
> > and use symlinks where appropriate (which, BTW are set up by my
> > postinstall-script).
>
> That seems weird to me, but OK, whatever you like.

How do you cope with the distro's config files? When the package-maintainer
decides to change something?

> I've only done full-disk encryption on Linux once,
> because a previous job insisted on it. I thought it a tragic waste of
> computer power and performance.

Performance is no longer an issue for more than a decade.

> I used LUKS, incidentally.

I also prefer Luks. You can change your passphrase without re-encrypting the
whole partition.

> > Encrypted disks should be standard. At least on noteboks. IMHO, of course!
>
> Dear gods, no. As I said, I hate it and never use it

When somebody staels your laptop (or you loose it somewhere), the theft/finder
will have all your personal data! Think about it!

--
Josef Wolf
jw at raven.inka.de