Gnome Terminal Double Click Selection?

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Tue Jul 19 16:50:30 UTC 2016

On Tue, 19 Jul 2016 18:02:35 +0200, Petter Adsen wrote:
>On Tue, 19 Jul 2016 17:35:34 +0200
>Ralf Mardorf <silver.bullet at zoho.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 19 Jul 2016 17:13:36 +0200, Petter Adsen wrote:
>> >You could also try something like xfce4-terminal, as it it quite
>> >similar to GNOME Terminal
>>
>> xfce4-terminal is weak, it e.g. doesn't reformat the lines, after a
>> window was resized. My favourite terminal emulation is roxterm. I
>> don't know if roxterm provides this special double click selection,
>> at least it provides a simple double click selection. Roxterm is VTE
>> based.
>
>I absolutely agree that Roxterm is much better, Ralf, I use it myself,
>but as GTK+ 3.20 breaks it so badly that the maintainers have decided
>to not continue on the project, I didn't think it was worth mentioning
>at this point in time.
>
>https://sourceforge.net/p/roxterm/discussion/422638/thread/60da6975/
>
>There is also a Debian bug on this issue; IIRC they decided to drop the
>package, so it most likely will not be available in Yakkety when it is
>released.
>
>Petter

Thank you Petter,

I wasn't aware of it. My Xenial install doesn't use GTK 3.20 and on my
Arch Linux I haven't notice a Roxterm issue, most annoying for me are
broken themes, so I downgraded gnome-themes-standard. I guess
downgrading adwaita-icon-theme isn't required, it's just a matter of
taste. Anyway, downgrading the theme is unavoidable for me, since
adwaita for GTK2 apps became a PITA with 3.20.

$ pacman -Q gtk3 adwaita-icon-theme gnome-themes-standard
gtk3 3.20.6-1
adwaita-icon-theme 3.18.0-1
gnome-themes-standard 3.18.0-1

Regards,
Ralf

PS:

Time for a signature, perhaps other users miss the bad news,
too.

--
Death of ROXTerm
https://sourceforge.net/p/roxterm/discussion/422638/thread/60da6975/