Ubuntu 16.04 questions before upgrade

Johnny Rosenberg gurus.knugum at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 07:09:26 UTC 2016

I still have Ubuntu 14.04 and with it comes the following bug:
If I change the size or move one or more icons on my desktop, next time I
start Ubuntu they are all standard size again and lined up from upper left
to lower right.

Is this bug in 16.04 too?

I ask, because I have upgraded my hardware, so I'm now running 64-bit
hardware, but I still have 32-bit Ubuntu installed, and I'm going to
install a new Ubuntu 64-bit. I want to know i this bug persists, so I can
decide whether to install Ubuntu or Ubuntu Mate, which at least didn't have
the bug in the 14.04 version.

Also, my new graphics card isn't fully supported in the Nvidia drivers of
Ubuntu 14.04. As I understand it, a newer version is available in 16.04,
but does it support my card?
Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 Currently I can only have one screen, which really,
really sucks. It doesn't find my second one.

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg