Was:Re: Battery Working, but not Charging

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Mon Jul 18 15:38:03 UTC 2016

On Monday 18 July 2016 11:08:15 Peter Silva wrote:

> I don't know how to bottom post.  I googled and it doesn't seem
> possible with gmail, which forces top posting.   any ideas (other than
> not using gmail which is impractical for me.)

Are you saying that you cannot quote the whole message in your reply,
then use the keyboard arrows to negotiate the cursor to where you should
insert your reply and then type in your reply there?

I can feel a gentle pull on my leg. :)

That wasn't a problem when I was using pop.gmail.com or on the extremely
rare occasions when I logged in with a browser to do some
troubleshooting.  But gmail started playing games with the login needed
for fetchmail, and after making it work again 3 times over a months span
3 years ago only to have it fail again the next day, is when I bailed
out.  That however was just the straw that broke this camels back. The
need to have two subscription so that you could post from one account,
and see the echo on the other account, because your message to a mailing
list was, on being returned from the list server, a duplicate and was
deleted.  So if you only had one account, you had no feedback to prove
your message actually made it to the list. To keep Miriam on the good
side I'll just say that is a heck of a way to run a train. I do use more
colorfull language on occasion.

I also assume that google wasn't getting the revenue from their  sig
advertisements tagged onto every mail that they expected so they made
life difficult for pop3 users until we went away.  So I suspect most of
us found a mail server that worked.  And life goes on...

I'm guessing of course, but having experienced their my way or the hiway
attitude over the phone several times, I no longer care what google
does.

Since I went off on a google rant, I'll snip the rest.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)