bind9 dns troubles

Bob livingsky at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 16:43:33 UTC 2016

Thanks Peter, the zone files check out 'ok' now when I check them. I
have another issue though that is not resolved. I cannot access my
domain from outside my network. I did nslookup and it returned a 'cannot
find' message

> root at server:/home/bob# nslookup www.faithwalk.ca
> Server:        127.0.1.1
> Address:    127.0.1.1#53
>
> Non-authoritative answer:
> www.faithwalk.ca    canonical name = faithwalk.ca.
>
> root at server:/home/bob# nslookup faithwalk.ca
> Server:        127.0.1.1
> Address:    127.0.1.1#53
>
> Non-authoritative answer:
> *** Can't find faithwalk.ca: No answer
and although it says it can find www.faithwalk.ca, I believe that is
only because I am on my server when running it. When I use nslookup from
the web, I can find the appropriate info, but I cannot actually find my
website (which is only an apache test page at the moment). Using the ip
address works just fine, but not by domain. I have included my zone
files. I am not sure what else to show you to help diagnose this.

faithwalk.ca

> $TTL 3600
> @       IN     SOA    server.faithwalk.ca. bob.faithwalk.ca. (
>                                 2016071502  ; Serial
>                                 3H          ; refresh after 3 hours
>                                 1H          ; retry after 1 hour
>                                 1W          ; expire after 1 week
>                                 1D)         ; minimum TTL of 1 day
>
>         ; Name Server
>         IN      NS      server.faithwalk.ca.   ; Primary server
>         IN      NS      ns0.xname.org.  ; non-local server xname 1
>         IN      NS      ns1.xname.org.  ; non-local server xname 2
>         IN      NS      ns2.xname.org.  ; non-local server xname 3
>
>         ; Mail Exchanger
>         IN      MX      10 mail.faithwalk.ca. ; faithwalk mail
>
> ;dns
> server                          IN A            24.72.66.135
> ns0                             IN A            195.234.42.1
> ns1                             IN A            178.22.255.252
> ns2                             IN A            88.191.64.64
>
> ;Machine names
> faithwalk.ca                    IN A            24.72.66.135
> server                          IN A            24.72.66.135
> mail                            IN A            24.72.66.135
>

> ;aliases
> www                      IN CNAME                faithwalk.ca.
> ;mail                    IN CNAME                faithwalk.ca.
>

> ; esource Record - veryfy the IP where your mails come from(disable if
> not needed)
> ; @     IN TXT          "v=spf1 ip4:85.214.123.0/24 -all"
>
> ; EOF

Reverse Zone