Unity battery indicator peeve

Martin Weinberg martin.weinberg at comcast.net
Tue Jul 12 17:09:35 UTC 2016

Thanks, Karl.

Got a burst of energy and downloaded the indicator-power source and read it.

The icon is being selected from from a list encoded as
gpm-battery-xxx.svg where xxx={100, 080, 060, 040, 020, 000}.  The last
two are red.  When the battery charge percentage falls below 40, the red
20% icon is selected.  It looks like the code tries to find an icon set
that is every 10% but that is not supplied by the standard Ubuntu icon
sets (e.g. ubuntu-mono-dark) and it falls back to every 20%.  The only
set in my installation that has the 10% icons is suru, but suru breaks
other things.

Oh well!