ATA Smart Update Requires Authentication on Every Login

Amichai Rotman amichai at iglu.org.il
Tue Jul 12 08:01:39 UTC 2016

Hi All,

My home Ubuntu 16.04 box has a few users. Most are regular users and two of
them are Admins.

Whenever I login to the main user (the firs one created during the
installation), a window pops up saying: "Authentication is required to
update SMART data from..." followed by my Hard Disk model.

The details state the action as org.freedesktop.udisks2.ata-smart-update.

How can I make it stop asking?!  It really bugs me...

Thanks!

Amichai.