Run a script on first boot after install in 16.04

Josef Wolf jw at raven.inka.de
Tue Jul 12 05:01:54 UTC 2016

On Fr, Jul 08, 2016 at 11:54:16 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Jul 2016 20:14:06 +0200, Josef Wolf wrote:
> >Unfortunately, with 16.04, this won't work anymore. The symlinks
> >in /etc/rcS.d are created, but the scripts won't be run at startup.
>
> Ubuntu switched from upstart to systemd.
> Install the script to some /path/to/foo.sh, then add a
> unit /lib/systemd/system/foo.service, e.g.
> [ ... ]
> and enable start on bootup by executing
>
>   sudo systemctl enable foo.service

Thanks, Ralf!

This ALMOST works.

I need to reboot, login and run "sudo systemctl enable foo.service" manually.

I am looking for a way to activate this service from preseeding by
late-command.

Unfortunately, neither

   in-target systemctl disable foo.service

nor

   in-target /bin/sh -c systemctl disable gemedis-postinstall.service

--
Josef Wolf
jw at raven.inka.de