Ubuntu 16.04 with ntpd using NEMA/PPS..

Howard Leadmon howard at leadmon.net
Sun Jul 10 09:38:44 UTC 2016

I had a machine running time services under FBSD, but decided to switch over
to Ubuntu.   I honestly thought getting NTP happy with NEMA/PPS would be
easy, surprise!

I have googled my behind off, I have found postings saying that PPS in the
kernel is present in 16.04 now, but everything I have found has not
resulting in a working time server.   If PPS is indeed in the 16.04 LTS
version of the OS, can anyone point me to a definitive guide and possibly
configs to get this going.    As it seems no matter what I do, running
ntptime never tells me I have PPS active in the kernel.

Thanks..

---

Howard Leadmon