How to restore the MBR after do-release-upgrade?

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 12:36:06 UTC 2016

On 8 July 2016 at 12:00, Ralf Mardorf <silver.bullet at zoho.com> wrote:
> I already run fsck without success. FreeBSD still runs some command
> line thingy, but I don't know how to be able to follow all the output
> of fsck. However, seemingly GRUB has written something, that damaged the
> FreeBSD install.

Oh my. :-(

Can you boot FreeBSD using a kernel on CD and pointing it at the root
filesystem on the hard disk?

Or, a suggested alternative.

Tell Ubuntu to put GRUB in the superblock of the root partition. It
will complain & emit errors, but it works fine, I've done it.

Do the same with FreeBSD.

And use a totally different bootmanager:

http://www.osloader.com/