proprietary nvidia drivers broken since 16.04

Eero Volotinen eero.volotinen at iki.fi
Sat Jul 2 17:08:43 UTC 2016

Hi,

I faced same issue on my laptop and this fixed the issues:
http://askubuntu.com/questions/760934/graphics-issues-after-installing-ubuntu-16-04-with-nvidia-graphics

see section:

For *The display is blank* & *The display flickers*

I faced the same issue but now every thing works fine.

There are two solutions to this:

   1.

   Use NVIDIA driver version 364 from the Graphics drivers PPA (Best Option)
   - sudo add-apt-repository ppa:graphics-drivers/ppa
      - sudo apt update && sudo apt install nvidia-364
   2.

   Use LightDM instead of GDM
   - sudo apt-get install lightdm
      - choose lightdm as the default when prompted.

*NOTE* If that didn't work for you, install intel-microcode (if available)
from the Additional Drivers app before installing the NVIDIA driver.

I also installed intel-microcode before nvidia driver

Eero