extra options on right click

Spyros Tsiolis stsiol at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jan 31 09:21:20 UTC 2016

Hello all !

I am still migrating XP boxes to ubuntu 12.04 LTS thin-clients on one clients' site.
Here's my problem with one of the users :

On XP she used to right-click on a folder full with images (digital snap-shots)
be able to shrink them on demand (e.g. one image would be about 4Mb ,  she
right-clicks and tells the system to make a copy of it at a  much smaller
size) and send it via e-mail client.

Now the latter part is doable as I checked from ubuntus' version of explorer
("Home folder").
What I am interested in is if there's an extension/program/app/addon anything that
I can fit in ubuntu 12.04 and be able to shrink big images on-the-fly with as little
effort as possible (preferably again with one right-click).

Any ideas welcome.

Myself, I am stuck. I am about to take her back to XP; I would better avoid doing
this, since it's been four (4) weeks I've been adapting the new ubuntu environment
to her needs !

Thank you all in advance,

spyros