phpMyAdmin - apache configuration issue -resolved

william drescher william at TechServSys.com
Wed Jan 27 12:32:55 UTC 2016

On 1/26/2016 7:04 AM, Toni Sissala wrote:
> On 26.1.2016 13:38, william drescher wrote:
>> william at ubuntu-backup:/etc/apache2$ sudo a2enmod phpmyadmin
>
> I don't think phpmyadmin is an apache module. Maybe the command
> should be a2enconf (
> http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/trusty/man8/a2enconf.8.html
> ). But since you already have symlinked phpmyadmin.conf to
> /etc/apache2/conf-enabled, I'm not sure if this step is even
> necessary.

william at ubuntu-backup:~$ sudo a2enconf phpmyadmin
Conf phpmyadmin already enabled

> Anyway, after enabling a site or a module, I usually restart
> apache server.
> $ sudo apache2ctl restart
>
> For debugging, it's good practice to look at apache logs (
> https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/en/logs.html ).

well, somewhere along the line I did the right thing (just don't
know which - probably following Brandon's suggestions - and all
is well now.

Many thanks and much appreciation to all those who contributed.

:-)

bill