Google Chrome 64 install breaks existing

Andrew Constantine andrewconstantine at outlook.com
Mon Jan 25 13:21:50 UTC 2016

What I would do is open a terminal and run:
$ sudo apt-get purge google-chrome-stable$ sudo apt-get autoremove
Then go to google.com/chrome and download the 64 bit .deb (debian/ubuntu) version. Open your friend the terminal again.
$ sudo dpkg -i --force-depends ./Downloads/google-chrome-stable_current_amd64.deb$ sudo apt-get -f install
Then you should be up and running with 64 bit chrome.

--
Andrew Constantine
andrewconstantine at outlook.com
http://about.me/andrewconstantine