Wireless will load and then drop signal

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Sat Jan 23 02:25:55 UTC 2016

On Fri, 22 Jan 2016 20:25:28 -0500, Richard Barmann wrote:
>/home/richard/wireless-info.tar.gz I did the up grade and I think I
>have version 15.10. Also *I did the wireless infobut do not know how
>to open it or understand it.

Hi,

here is explained how to check which release of Ubuntu you are
running, https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CheckingYourUbuntuVersion.

"wireless-info.tar.gz" is an archive, aka tarball. First you need to
extract it, the next steps depend to the content of the tarball,
https://askubuntu.com/questions/25347/what-command-do-i-need-to-unzip-extract-a-tar-gz-file.
Instead of using command line, you could open your file manager, perhaps
Nautilus, Thunar or similar, then click or right click the tarball.
Most likely it provides an option to extract the archive.

Alternatively consider to follow the "Run from CLI" advice at
https://github.com/UbuntuForums/wireless-info.

Regards,
Ralf