How to set the single click speed? [SOLVED]

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 15:05:44 UTC 2016

On 22 January 2016 at 14:21, Jim Byrnes <jf_byrnes at comcast.net> wrote:
> On 01/22/2016 03:14 AM, Colin Law wrote:
>>
>> On 22 January 2016 at 01:28, Jim Byrnes <jf_byrnes at comcast.net> wrote:

>>> Clicking on them is not quite like it was under 12.04, but it is so close
>>> that I am sure I will get used to it.
>>

>> I still think you would be better to put a decent mouse on the system.
>>
>> Colin
>>

> Actually I consider it more than decent. It cost about $100 US when I bought
> it years ago. It is a Keningson Expert Mouse model K64325. After using it
> for years I could not imagine using a regular mouse again. Just using one to
> troubleshoot this problem left me frustrated trying to do anything on the
> screen.

I was assuming that the mouse is faulty, I did not mean it was not a
good mouse in it's day.  I agree it is possible that the problem is
that the standard settings do not work well with this mouse even if it
is in full working order.  Unless there is evidence from another mouse
of the same type it is difficult to know which it is.  I also agree
that the fact that it works ok with 12.04 is suggestive.  Time may
tell, if it gets worse then that would confirm that it is faulty.

Colin